Name:
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

I live in Amsterdam and just finished my masters degree in comparative literature. I love reading (figures) and knitting which I have been doing for over two years. This blog will be about my knitting and about me.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Back from Maastricht



Originally uploaded by queenfilo.
On thursday and friday I was in Maastricht with my dad. It was about sixteen years ago that I las visited Maastricht. It was even better than I remembered. The people are very friendly, the city is beautiful with a lot of tiny medieval houses and city walls and the food was amazing. I had the best 'Limburgse Vlaai' ever (we ate it for breakfast and had to wait for the delivery guy who delivered them fresh from the bakery). I am definitely going back. Ofcourse I had to visit a yarn store, the best one in Maastricht (according to internet sources) was Buttons and Beads (no website). I thought it was lovely, it is a store that specializes in buttons, beads and yarn (not included in the store's name) even though they stock a lot of the usual suspects (Rowan, Phildar etc..) they also had the yarn in the picture called Franse Landwol. It is a hundred percent wool in a lot of unexpected colours (like the green in the picture). The shop is made special by the very friendly (and young!) staff and the cosy interior. I bought 8 skeins of the green and I think they are destined to become Marilyn. I deskeined them yesterday while watching a really scary French film . Took me two hours. I also bought two skeins of red destined to become some sort of hat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Inês Reis said...

Hello,
I know this post has 3 years,but I've moved to Maastricht and I don't know where is this store. Can you help me find it? Do you have an idea where it is? any reference?
Thank you so much if you can help me.
Greetings, Inês

4:14 AM  
Blogger whistlinvaderr said...

http://buttonsandbeads.nl/ just looked it up, planning to check it out asap :)

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home