Name:
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

I live in Amsterdam and just finished my masters degree in comparative literature. I love reading (figures) and knitting which I have been doing for over two years. This blog will be about my knitting and about me.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Will it work?


probeersel tas
Originally uploaded by queenfilo.
My paper is not yet finished, but I did swatch for the bag. I like this yarn which is made by Katia en is silk, viscose and wool. I want the bag to be sturdy, or at least not lose it's shape so I've looked in my Vogue Stitchionary. The yarn is not very comfortable to knit with so I gave up on using complicated stitches like purse stitch (even though it has a very appropriate name). I've settled on moss stitch (row 1 and 2 K2 P2 row 3 and 4 P2 K2) I am thinking of knitting a base and picking up stitches for knitting in the round. The handles are from an old granny like knitting bag (rest of bag very unstylish) making this project budget friendly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home